Dr. Tom Morris explores how to work with young people as they go through the process of bereavement. This eBook is required reading for all those who work with bereaved young people as well as those who train youth workers. It is a how to book if you have not yet worked with youth in grief or have done it for years. Began in 1997 and continue to this day.
The Purpose of GrievingTeens
1) To help, coach, and encourage youth in the process of grieving.
2) To offer comfort and support from a caring adult in the context of a small group of their peers.
3) To encourage Christian youth to share their personal hope in the group and help those without final answers to consider the hope of life beyond the gravethe Resurrection of Christ.
4) To be there (in the lives of young people) at a critical moment as they cope with not only the primary loss (the death or divorce) but also the many secondary losses that are inevitable (moving, loss of home friends, and security).
5) To equip people to work with teens for whom grief is having a significant impact on their lives.
The Vision of GrievingTeens
To challenge Churches and Christian Youth organizations to recruit, train, and develop a grief ministry in every high school and college in the world.