The United States Exploration Anthology features texts from (or about) Daniel Boone, David Thompson, Lewis and Clark, Zebulon Pike and Colonel John C Fremont. It also contains a wealth of pictures, photographs maps and diagrams pertaining to each of the 5 books included in this huge volume.
The Anthology tells the tale of the journeys of discovery and exploration of the continental United States by explorers and settlers, and by the early pioneers of the age - such as Daniel Boone or Lewis and Clark. The texts have been selected to provide a coherent chronological narrative detailing the developments and expansion of knowledge of Canada.
These explorers, soldiers and cartographers were only able to achieve what they did through immense reserves of ambition, drive and personal fortitude, but also by developing an expertise in 'bushcraft' that allowed them to survive in the frozen wilderness. Much of this was strongly influenced by the practices and traditions of the Native people who inhabited North America at that time - people like Sacagawea whose assistance was to prove invaluable to Lewis and Clark on their epic journey to the Pacific.
This book is a fantastic resource for anyone interested in the early history of The United States, the History of Exploration, or the First Nations of the North American continent. It is part of a wider series of 'Exploration Anthologies' by Bybliotech, taking in the history of the Golden Age of Global Exploration.
The Anthology contains the following works:
- Daniel Boone The Pioneer Of Kentucky By John S. C. Abbott
- David Thompson's Narrative Of His Explorations In Western America 1784-1812
- The Journals Of Lewis And Clark
- Exploratory Travels Through The Western Territories Of North America: Comprising A Voyage From St. Louis, On The Mississippi, To The Source Of That River, And A Journey Through The Interior Of Louisiana, And The North-Eastern Provinces Of New Spain. Performed In The Years 1805, 1806,1807, By Order Of The Government Of The United States. By Zebulon Montgomery Pike, Major 6th Regt. United States Infantry
- The Exploring Expedition To The Rocky Mountains, Oregon And California, By Brevet Col. J.C. Fremont.